Freshers Aptitude Questions and Answers Chapter:- Syllogism

Freshers Aptitude Questions and Answers Chapter:- Syllogism 

The question below has either two or three Statements followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to take the two or three given Statements to be true and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two/three given Statements, disregarding the commonly known facts. 

Give your Answer as, 

1) If only conclusion I follows 

2) If only conclusion II follows 

3) Either conclusion I or II follows 

4) If neither of the two conclusions follows 

5) If both conclusions follow 


Q1 Statements : All hats are men. All men are taps. 

Conclusions : 

I. Some taps are hats. -True

II. Some taps are men. -True



 Ans:- 5) Both conclusions follow 

Q2 Statements : All wine is divine. All divine are tales 

 Conclusions : I. All wine is tale. True

                         II. All tales are wine. False

Ans:- 1) If only conclusion I follows 

Q3 Statements : 
1. All cabs are cats. 
2. All fish are cats 

Conclusions :

 I. All cabs are fish. False

II. Some fish are cabs. False


Ans:- 3) Either conclusion I or II follows 


Q4 Statements : All pans are chicks. All chairs are chicks. 
 Conclusions : 
I. Some pans are chairs. False
II. Some chicks are pans. True



2) If only conclusion II follows 

5) Statements: 

1. Some plants are roots. 
2. Some roots are Leaves. 
3. All leaves are branches. 

Conclusions: 
I Some plants are branches. 
II Some roots are branches. 
III. Some plants are leaves. 
IV. No plants is branches.

a) Only II is true 
b) Only III is true 
c) all are true 
d) None of these 
e) II, Either I or III

Solution:-

I Some plants are branches. False
II Some roots are branches. True
III. Some plants are leaves. False
IV. No plants is branches True 




e)  If only conclusion II follows 

6) Statements: 

1. All shirts are Trousers. 
2. Some Trousers are Jackets. 
3. Some Jackets are clothes. 

Conclusions: 

I Some Trousers are shirts. 
II Some Jackets are Trousers.  
III. Some clothes are Jackets. 

a) I and II are true
b) I and III are true
c) II and III are true 
d) all are true
e) None of these 

Solution:-

I Some Trousers are shirts. True
II Some Jackets are Trousers.  True
III. Some clothes are Jackets. True

d) all are true

7) Statements: 

1. Some needles are blades. 
2. All blades are knifes. 
3. No blade is pin. 

Conclusion: 

I Some pins are blade 
II Some needles are pins. 
III. All needles are knifes. 
IV. No pin is blade. 

a) EITHER I or IV
b) only II and III true 
c) Only III and IV true 
d) Only I and IV true  
e) Only IV true  

Solution:-

I Some pins are blade False
II Some needles are pins. False
III. All needles are knifes. False
IV. No pin is blade. True




e) Only IV true  














Post a Comment

0 Comments